Most investment presentations tell you how to invest your money; this one tells you what investing really is, and why you need to care about risk. In a purely educational format (no sales pitch), we will address such topics as:
- What is the impact of choice of retirement age, portfolio return, or spending level on your ability to retire?
- Analyzing your portfolio's asset allocation and annual costs;
- Why the "conventional wisdom" rules we are given by the financial media have nothing to do with effective investing;
- The dangers of projecting portfolio rates of return, especially with computers;
- The often overlooked fundamental principles of investing;
- What are the benefits and what are the risks of changing to a "more conservative" portfolio at retirement?
- Using index mutual funds to reduce costs and simplify investing;
- How it is possible to reduce the level of risk of your portfolio without reducing your return;
- The impact of your "personal volatility" and emotions in planning;
- Understanding the disadvantages of diversification;
- Coping with investment losses;
- How volatility and uncertainty can be your investment allies;
- Maintaining long-term thinking when looking at short-term results.
Space is limited to 10 people, so please register early for our next event. If you have any questions or would prefer to register over the phone please call us.